Prepare your Greeters
This will help you train your Greeters to make sure your participants feel welcome and know where to go.
The greeter is the first impression for your event, conference or meeting so you want to ensure they feel comfortable in LexGo. Have them come in for the prep meeting as well as any other meetings they might need to attend.
What they Need
- Computer (Mac or PC) with a good internet connection, camera and microphone
- Chrome or Edge browser (current version) or the Mac LexGo app
- While mobile apps are available for LexGo we don’t recommend being mobile while greeting (cellular connections aren’t as reliable)
- Use a headset or headphones to prevent audio echos and not sound like you’re on a speakerphone.
- Use something like Krisp.ai to remove background noise (dogs barking, cars driving back and other background noise)
Video & Lighting
- Make sure you’re set up without bright light coming in a window behind you
- If possible move your LexGo window to near your camera. So you’re looking more closely into the camera.
- Put a post-it on the camera with a big note “Look Here!” with a smiley face to look at while you’re talking
- Perform a network speed test at https://lexgo.speedtestcustom.com
- You should have at least 10mb download and 5mb upload for the best audience experience
- A hard wired ethernet cable is preferable instead WiFi if possible
(At Least 5-10 Minutes Before the Doors Open)
- Navigate to LexGo
- Enter the Venue - There are two options for entering LexGo. You can use a pass or an account.
You should have a link and after clicking on the link you will see a place to enter your name and email.
You should have a link to the LexGo venue and a one-time default access code. You will enter your email with the default access code. You would then be prompted to update your password.
- You will first need to allow the browser to have access to your AV
- Select your camera, microphone and speaker
- Be sure to check the selection and test all three
Start of the Event
You will be in the lobby to greet people entering the LexGo venue. You should have your camera and microphone on for people entering early.
To control your AV (microphone, camera and screen share) you will find the three buttons on the bottom of your screen. To toggle the control you need to tap the button and not the arrow on the right of the button.
Typically you will have a few people come into the venue in a short window. Your best option is to say hello and try to group people.
Important Topics to Cover:
- Welcome message saying hello and thanks for joining
- How to open the map to move around the venue
- Navigating to different floors (if applicable) and the purpose of each floor - People will have a tendency to click so let them know not to click a floor
- Letting the user know what next step they should take
- Do you have assigned seating?
- Are people picking a table based on a mixer question?
- Are they free to roam and network?
- Joining the table or room by having the map open and clicking the Join button based on the above selection - People will have a tendency to click so let them know not to click Join until they are ready to move to their table or room
- If a user needs any technical assistance they can click on the Live Help! button in the lower left of LexGo
“Welcome to the ACME Conference, thank you for joining us. Here a few key pieces of info on our LexGo venue. The map is how you move around. You can find your map by clicking the arrow half way down the screen on the left. Don’t go there yet but you can find your table assignments at the Table assignments table. You are able to join a room by clicking the Join button. If you need to go to another floor you can find that list on the left side and click. If you need any technical assistance please click Live Help! on the lower left. You can find your table assignment at the table assignments table. I hope you have a great time and let us know if you need anything!”
Pick a Table
“Welcome to the ACME Conference, thank you for joining us. Here a few key pieces of info on our LexGo venue. The map is how you move around. You can find your map by clicking the arrow half way down the screen on the left. Don’t go there yet but on the map you will see table names with the answer to the question “What is your favorite type of vacation?”. You are able to join one of those rooms by clicking the Join button. If you need to go to another floor you can find that list on the left side and click. If you need any technical assistance please click Live Help! on the lower left. You can find your table assignment at the table assignments table. I hope you have a great time and let us know if you need anything!”