Publish Google Slides to a Board
One common use case for LexGo boards is to present a series of slides as a self-guided or automatically looping presentation. This is great for a lobby sign or other type of rotating content.
Part 1: Get the URL
- After creating your presentation, select "File > Publish to the Web"
- Tap the "Embed" tab
- If you want the slide show to begin automatically, check "Start slideshow as soon as the player loads"
- If you want the slide show to loop, check "Restart the slideshow after the last slide"
- Once your parameters are chosen, copy the iframe code
Once you have the code, you're not done yet! Just one more step to make the embed work well with LexGo.
Part 2: Modify the URL
From the iframe code, extract the part in quotes after src=, e.g.
If you use the URL above on a board, you will see a bottom bar to the presentation that lets people quickly navigate through slides and view presenter notes. If this is not desirable, add &rm=minimal to the URL ending, e.g.
By adding &rm=minimal to the URL, you hide the navigation controls in the bottom bar.
- Use animated transitions to add polish to your autoplay slide shows.
- Use links on slides to help users quickly navigate to specific slides.
- For self-guided slide shows that use &rm=minimal in the board URL:
- On the first slide, give instructions how to navigate (tap the deck to advance to the next slide, and use the left/right arrow buttons to go forward or back).
- On the last slide, give instructions to let people know they've reached the end. The slide deck will not loop back to the beginning on manual control. One idea: Add a shortcut link to navigate back to the first slide.